Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T)
- Duration: 4Years 6Months
- Intake: 50
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession to help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement, exercise, manual therapy, physical agents (like heat, cold, electricity and sound), education and advice.
Physical therapy provides services to individuals and populations to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan. This includes providing services in circumstances where movement and function are threatened by ageing, injury, pain, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors.. Functional movement is central to what it means to be healthy.
- Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed HSC or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Botany & Zoology.
- Vocational stream is not eligible for admission.
- Should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the admission year.
The following certificates / documents have to be submitted along with duly filled Application form (Originals + 4 Photostat Copies):
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last studied.
- HSC/Pre-Degree/ CBSE / AISSCE/ ISCE/ Intermediate or equivalent mark statement.
- Migration Certificate issued by the Board of Higher Secondary or Equivalent Examination. (Other than HSC of Tamilnadu)
- Eligibility Certificate obtained from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai for students who have passed their Qualifying examination other than HSC Examination, Tamil Nadu.
- Community Certificate (except OC candidates)
- Passport Size Photographs (5 Nos.)
- Aadhaar Copy
Admission Requirements for NRI Candidates
- NRI status of financial supporter issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective country under their seal.
- Certificate of Relationship between NRI financial supporter and the candidate issued by the competent authority, valid Indian Passport of the NRI financial supporter.
- Original and Copies of Passport and Visa of the candidate.
- NRE(Non Resident External) Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter.
- Evidence for payment of US $ 1000 Development Charges to the college by the NRI financial supporter (one time payment at the time of admission)
- Nativity Certificate